BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Peach Tarts

I found this recipe (from Happy Home Baking) quite interesting and pretty with the peaches on it. Though it took some time getting the base done first and then wait for it to cool before adding the fillings, looking at the finished tart was all worth. 

I did not notice the tart pan mentioned in the recipe was 18cm and by the time I was about to place the dough onto my tart pan, then I realised my pan was 24cm. Too late to do anything, so I went ahead to mould it with whatever dough I had and I managed to spread it out thinly and evenly. 
   
The tart base was indeed very crusty and the almond filling tasted nice too. However, there was a down side with this tart-it was not easy to remove the pastry from the base of the pan even though I have greased it thoroughly. I guess I will need to place parchment paper on the base the next time I bake.

Ingredients

Pastry :
80g cake flour / plain flour
20g ground almond powder
30g caster sugar
40g butter (softened)
1 tbsp (15g) lightly beaten egg

Filling:
10g cake flour / plain flour
80g ground almond
50g brown sugar
60g butter (softened)
1 egg (lightly beaten)

Some canned peach slices (drained)
Icing sugar for dusting

Directions

1. Grease tart pan (18cm).
2. Toast ground almond (20g & 80g) at 100 deg C, stiring in between and let it cool.
3. Sift flour and add ground almond to flour.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the egg very gradually, whisking the batter till well mixed each time egg is added.
6. Add flour & almond mixture in 2 to 3 addition into the batter until just well combined.
7. Place dough in tart pan and spread out the dough all over the pan, smoothing the edge and rim.
8. Chill pastry in fridge for 20mins.
9. Use a fork to poke holes on the pantry and brush top of rim with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 10-15mins until the edges are slightly browned. Let cool completely.
10. For filling: cream butter and brown sugar till mixture turns fluffy. Add in egg gradually, mix well each time the egg is added.
11. Add in ground almond and flour, mix well.
12. Spread the filling onto the cooled pastry base. Line with peach slices and baked at 170 deg C for 35-40mins until edges and filing turn golden brown. Let cool and dust with icing sugar.

2 comments:

MnYfoodtalk said...

So beautiful and tempting...

Baby Sumo said...

Indeed a gorgeous tart! Love the peach slices on top.