BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Blueberry Lemon Friands

I really have to thank my colleague, Rachel for spotting this recipe (from Anncoo Journal) for me as she was very sure that my son will like these friands and true enough he really did, so did my girl, MIL and maid too! They all cannot stop with 1 pc and ended up eating many more. I actually tried out with 1/2 of the recipe only, using my mini muffin pans and it yield 30pcs. 

I was pondering why I could not pour the batter directly into the fillers (just like cupcakes), so I tested a few pcs with the batter poured into the fillers and I got the answer after baking - I am not able to separate the friands from the fillers haha...

These friands were really fantastic, not greasy, tasted great with the blueberry and had a refreshing taste from the lemon zest. They tasted even better the next day.  

Ingredients

30g Plain flour
45g Icing sugar
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
75g Ground almond
100g butter (melted & cooled)
75g Blueberries
3 (100g) Egg whites (lightly beaten)
Extra icing sugar for dusting

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 190 deg C. Grease mini muffins pan with butter.
2. Sift flour and icing sugar into a large bowl and add lemon zest and ground almond. Stir to combine evenly and make a well in the centre.
3. Add the egg whites and butter to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined with a hand whisk, do not overbeat. Then flold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30mins until well risen and golden.
5. Leave the friands in the pan for 5 mins before lifting out onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Serve friands dusted with icing sugar.

No comments: