BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Little Croustades filled with chicken mushroom

When I saw this recipe from Delia Smith, I was so amazed with the base using bread and the simplicity of making it. So I give it a shot but I have modified it with chicken mushroom fillings instead. The taste was awesome, with the base crusty and the fillings tasted so well with it. Even my hubby complimented it as a yummy bites. 

The next time, I would love to try using ready available canned Seafood spread or Salmon Mayonnaise for the fillings and I am sure it will be a quick snacks to prepare for the kids.

I am submitting this post to "Cook like a Star" with this month featured chef Delia Smith, organised by Bake for Happy KidsPiece of Cake and Eat your heart out

This recipe is also listed on Very Good Recipes.

Recipe adapted from Delia Smith
(with my modification in blue) 

Ingredients

For the croustades:
6 slices bread (can made 24pcs)
50g butter
1 tsp chopped garlic
salt and freshly milled black pepper

For the fillings:
2 pcs chicken breast (diced)
2 pcs shitake mushroom (diced)
1/2 pcs carrot (diced)
1/2 onion (diced)
Seasoning
Parsley  

Directions

1. Place the slices of bread on a flat surface and press them with a rolling pin to make them as thin as possible. Stamp out rounds using 5.5cm cutter (I used flower cutter).
2. Melt the butter containing the garlic and a seasoning of salt and freshly milled black pepper in microwave.
3. Coat the little bread rounds on both sides with melted butter and then press them into the tartlet tins firmly.
4. Bake them for about 20-25 mins or until crisp and brown. Cool them on a wire rack. (You can store them in a airtight tin for up to 2 weeks)
5. Heat pan with a little oil, fry onion till lightly brown and add carrots, mushroom and chicken. Add water and simmer for a while. Add corn starch to thicken the gravy. 
6. Fill the croustades with chicken mushroom fillings and topped with parsley.

7 comments:

QembarDelites said...

That looks amazing! I wouldn't know it's so simple if I didn't read the recipe!

BeautyMe said...

Thanks :) I didn't expect it to be that simple too. Try it and you can go with any fillings of your preference.

Baby Sumo said...

Oh when I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was pastry. Never thought it would be bread. Very cool and easy!

Mich Piece of Cake said...

These crouades look delicious... Very clever idea, thought it was party too..

Lian said...

Look so delicious. What a clever way to prepare this!

Zoe said...

Simply brilliant! So easy and yet so good!

I'm imagining the sounds of crunches from your kitchen.

mui mui said...

Hi Cecilia,
This looks inviting!
Like the bread croustades, it's really easy and cool!
mui