Since early this morning, I have been making alot of chocolate chips cookies for the orders for Teachers' Day. Though tired, I still decided to bake this pretty Topo Map Love Cake. I was happy that the outcome of this cake was splendid! The layers of colors made an artistic design to the cake. I have adapted this cake from Table for 2 but modified some of the ingredients and the result was equally great. Reducing sugar to 200g and replaced Cocoa powder with Milo. The cake was really soft and have the nice pandan flavour.
200g sugar (original 250g)
300g cake flour +1 tsp baking powder
125ml evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pandan paste
Cocoa powder (I used Milo) for creating the topo lines
Directions1. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
3.Sift half the flour into butter mixture and beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Mix in evaporated milk until well combined.
5. Sift the balance of flour into the mixture and beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Divide the batter to two. Mix vanilla extract to one part and pandan paste to the other.
7. Preheat oven 180C. Prepare 20cm X 20cm pan, lined the base & grease the side.
8. Spread 1/2 the pandan batter into pan. Level it.
9. Evenly sift a thin layer of Milo over.
10. Very gently dollop half of the other colour over and gently level it. Repeat the sifting of milo.
11. Repeat layering with both colours, with the final layer clean(no milo on top).
12. Bake for 55 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.