Steamed this Lemon Sponge Cake and they looked like the Steamed Egg Muffins (鸡蛋糕) I made previously. I have modified some ingredients - Egg from 250g to 270g (as equivalent to 5 large eggs) and reduced sugar from 190g to 170g (I think can reduce another 10g for those who do not like that sweet). I kind like this cake as it tasted so refreshing with the lemon in it. The texture was not as soft, perhaps the use of cake flour but I will try with self raising flour the next time I make this again.
Ingredients270g eggs (5 large eggs)
180g cake flour/Self raising flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
Directions1.Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs & sugar until ribbon stage, thick & fluffy.
3. Mix oil, lemon juice and lemon zest,and together with sifted flour,pour into egg batter.
4. Mix until just combined and only fold with spatula along the sides.
5. Pour the batter into greased baking tray or paper fillers and rest batter for 10mins before steaming.
6. Steam on high heat for 20-25mins.
7. Cool it on wire rack and slice cake to serve.