BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chocolate Wonders

Got to say this is the best chocolate cake that I ever ate (as I am not a chocolate person). Perhaps the melting chocolate made an amazing difference to the overall taste. Anyone can make this easy peasy cake. There is something that you need to know, which was my mistake when doing the first tray. I filled the batter full but didn't take note to cover the batter over  the centre piece of the donut mold. It came out with a see-through hole and later I have problem putting in the melted chocolate which then flowed out. So for this lot, I actually put in the melted chocolate and then place them in the fridge for it to harden (if not, when you lift up the cake, the melted chocolate will leak out). My 2nd tray onwards were all then with a sealed based.  Overall, it was a fun experience and you should try it!   


Ingredients

  • 150g butter
  • 120g sugar (I reduced from 135g)
  • 200g self raising flour (sifted)
  • 3 eggs
  • 7tbsp milk (I added 1 more tbsp)
  • 40g cocoa powder (I reduced from 55g)
  • some melted chocolate

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C, grease the donut trays.
2. Whisk butter, sugar, eggs, milk, flour and cocoa until smooth and well-mixed.
3. Transfer batter into piping bag. Pipes batter into donut trays till full* and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until well-risen and springy to the touch.
4. Transfer to a wire rack and turn upside down to let cool.
5. Microwave some melting chocolate. Pipe into the hole in each donut-shaped cakes.
6. Put into fridge to harden the melted chocolate.
*You need to spread the batter over the donut centre piece, so that it will seal the base.

1 comment:

ractravels said...

Lovely Chocolate Wonder! Thanks for sharing with us :)