BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Friday, March 15, 2013

Slimmers' Scrambled Eggs


I decided to make this Slimmers' scrambled eggs for breakfast today and I can also submit this post to "Cook like a Star" with this month featured chef Delia Smith, organised by Bake for Happy KidsPiece of Cake and Eat your heart out


Since I have some mozzarella cheese in my fridge, I decided to replace the cottage cheese  that Delia's used in her recipe with the mozzarella cheese . I am not able to find chives as well and I have replaced it with spring onion. Overall, it tasted creamy but not cheesy and it has a special taste from the scramble eggs I used to make. 

This recipe is listed on Very Good Recipes.

Recipe adapted from Delia Smith
(with my modification in blue)

Ingredients

5 Large eggs (for 6 pax)
2 tbsp milk
2 heaped tbsp of cheese (I used mozzarella cheese)
1 tbsp chives (I used spring onion)
salt & pepper

Directions

1.Beat eggs in a bowl with a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
2.Add milk to moisten the pan, whirling it around the pan.
3.Add the eggs, using a wooden spatula, briskly stir backward and forward through the liquid eggs.
4.Keep on scrambling until 3/4 of the egg is a creamy solid mass and 1/4 still liquid.
5.Add in cheese and spring onion, continue to scramble, then remove the pan from the heat and continue scrambling until no liquid egg is left.
6.Serve immediately as the egg will continue to harden.

4 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

Scrambled eggs.. lovely breakfast for the weekend! :) Spring onions are a good substitute for chives, I always use those too.

Mich Piece of Cake said...

These eggs sound delicious and healthy.

Zoe said...

We love scrambled eggs for our breakfast too and yours look wonderful. The addition of cheese and chives or spring onions is always good.

Zoe

BeautyMe said...

Thanks to all "Shifu" (teachers) for the comments and it really motivate me to blog more of my baking and cooking.