BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chewy Brownies

I got this recipe from my friend, Josephine as I like the neat cut and small bite sizes, perfect for party. 

I felt that these brownies were a little dryer, perhaps I should only bake for 30mins instead of 40mins as in the original recipe. I have also reduced the sugar to 130g, worried that it might be too sweet but it was not, so good to stick to 140g. The most satisfying part is I am able to cut them into very neat squares without all the crumbs dropping :) Indeed a good recipe for chocolate lovers!

Ingredients

114g butter
120g chocolate converture dark droplets (55.5%)
140g sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
128g plain flour
2 tbps cocoa powder

Directions

1.Preheat oven 170 deg C. Line an 20cm X 20cm square pan with parchment paper and greased the pan.
2.Melt sugar, butter and chocolate in microwave and cool slightly. Pour batter into large mixing bowl.
3.Stir in vanilla extract. Mix in eggs, one at a time, stirring each time until blended.
4.Add flour and cocoa powder, mix until incorporated and mixture is smooth.
5.Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 mins until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it.
6.Remove brownies and cool completely before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.

No comments: