BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Floral Butter Cookies


I love the floral cookies that I used to eat during Chinese New Year, so I decided to try out this recipe. I was curious as well if the piping nozzle (I bought from Bake King) really could pipe out such a pretty design and indeed it was perfect! Though I did not use SCS butter (I used Buttercup instead), I still received a strong buttery aroma that filled my whole kitchen. These floral cookies were slightly crunchy with a gentle melt-in-the-mouth texture which my hubby and kids commented nice. Hope these Floral Butter Cookies bring great joy & happiness to start the Year 2015.

Ingredients 

170g plain flour
20g custard flour
60g cornflour
125g butter (softened at room temperature)
70g icing suger
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Red Cherries (diced)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 150 deg C. Line baking paper on baking tray. 
2. Sift plain flour, custard flour and cornflour in a large bowl. 
3. Using electric mixer, cream butter and icing sugar for about 5 mins until light and fluffy.
4. Add in egg yolk, vanilla essence and mix until combined.
5. Add in the flour and mix until you get a soft dough. Turn off the mixer.
6. Using the piping nozzle, pipe out the dough onto the tray and use 1 chopstick to cut off the dough from the nozzle.
7. Decorate with a piece of diced red cherries on top and press lightly.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 mins. The cookies should not be brown when its done. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container.

No comments: