BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cherry Blossom Cookies

I was so attracted by this recipe from Kenneth Goh with the pretty looking flowers shapes. Since it did not require alot of ingredients with simple steps, I did it in no time. As I knew the quantity might not be enough for my 3 monsters at home, I had doubled up the ingredients (can make 60pcs). Another variation from Kenneth's recipe was he used hard candy while I replaced it with strawberry jam and it equally has the pretty effect that I wanted. 

I love the crunchy texture of the cookies which I have been looking for my flower butter cookies for so long. I am glad that I found this recipe and thanks to Kenneth for sharing another amazing recipe.



Ingredients 

180g plain flour
120g butter (at room temperature)
60g icing sugar
Strawberry Jam

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 160 Deg C.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the flour, stir until well mixed.
3. Transfer dough to a floured surface (the texture will be a little wet to handle, just dust with some flour). 
4. Roll the dough and dust the mould. Cut out the flower and fill the centre evenly with strawberry jam.
5. Place on baking tray to bake for about 10mins (Note : cookies do not need to be brown). 

No comments: