BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nian Gao Puff

I missed baking (I was busy lately) and I was thinking of baking something with whatever ingredients that I had at home. Just when I saw the Nian Gao and the balance 3 sheets of puff pastry in my freezer, I quickly thought of making these puffs. In the past years, I used to wrap with poh piah skins and fried them but I felt baking these would be a much healthier choice. Glad that everyone loves these Nian Gao Puffs that were so easy to make.       

Ingredients 

3 sheets puff pastry
1 store-bought nian gao
1 egg yolk (for glazing)


Directions

1. Cut Nian Gao to the size of your preference.
2. Wrap the sides with puff pastry and seal with a fork.
3. Glaze them with egg yolk and bake at 160 deg C till golden brown.

No comments: