BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Semolina Lemon Cake

I was looking for a cake recipe that I can use up all my Semolina Flour and I found the Semolina Orange Cake with Syrup by Alia but I transformed it to my own Semolina Lemon Cake. This is a simple recipe with step by step instructions in youtube. The only thing I omitted was the orange glaze which poured over the top of cake. I actually thought that the sugar was way too much so I reduced it to 200g but after tasting the cake, I agreed to stick to 220g. Overall, the cake tasted refreshing with the lemon zest and if I could replaced vegetable oil with butter, I believe it would be even perfect for a butter lover like me :)

Ingredients 

4 eggs
A pinch of salt
220g Sugar
Zest lemon
20g plain flour
400g semolina flour
2 tsp baking powder
240g Vegeatable oil
250g milk
Almond flakes

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 170 deg C. 
2. Line pans with baking paper and grease the baking pan.
3. Whisk eggs, salt and sugar at high speed for 5 mins until thick texture. Add lemon zest.
4. In a large bowl, sift flour and add semolina flour and baking powder. Mix well.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and use spatula to mix till all ingredients well incorporated.
6. Add vegetable oil, mix well till oil is absorbed.
7. Add milk and continue to mix till get a smooth and liquid batter.
8. Pour over prepared baking pan and sprinkle almond flakes over the top.
9. Bake at 170 Deg for 35 - 45 mins.

No comments: