BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mexican Raisin Bun

This is my old time recipe which I missed it so much and today I decided to make it again. Somehow this time, I felt that it was not as easy as before. As I am using a smaller portable oven, I am not able to bake all the bread dough at one go. I had difficulty transferring the risen dough from the tray to the baking pan (I should have placed the dough on a piece of baking paper instead). Also, to make it to perfection, I definitely need a bread dough mixer as it's really tedious to use hand knead.

Ingredients 

(A)
230g high protein flour
5g instant yeast
170g water
1/8 tsp bread improver

(B)
20g egg
60g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
25g cold water
2.5g instant yeast

(C)
30g butter
30g high protein flour

Topping:
60g butter
60g icing sugar
1 egg
60g flour

Filling:
Raisins
Butter
         

Directions

1. Mix (A) till even, rest for 1- 1 1/2 hours.
2. Add in (B) to (A), mix well to smooth dough, add in (C) and knead to form a smooth dough. Rest for 15 mins.
3. Divide batter into 30g each and shape them into balls. Let them rest for 5-10 mins.
4. Flatten the dough, wrap in raisin and butter, knead into balls place onto greased tray, let them prove double in size.
5. Mix the topping and put the topping into a piping bag. Pipe some topping on the bun bag. Pipe some topping on the bun dough.
6. Bake at 190 Deg C for 12-15 mins.

No comments: