BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pandan Sponge Cups


Recently, I am so in love with pandan and so I done some research on pandan related recipes. This recipe attracted me with it's spongy texture and perfect with the pandan greenish colour. In addition, no oil and butter required and yet able to yield such a nice outlook and taste. Frankly speaking, I do not have much confident with folding egg whites method but I have succeeded for this recipe, a great motivation for me to move on to the next level of baking ie Chiffon Cake.

Source of recipe from Table for 2 
My recipe with slight modification 
(Yield 15 cups)

Ingredients

3 eggs
3 egg yolks
150g sugar
1 tsp pandan paste

3 egg whites
1 pinch of cream of tartar
1 tbsp sugar
75g cake flour (sifted)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 190 deg C.
2. Beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar until creamy, pale and light. Add in pandan paste.
3. Fold in cake flour into egg yolk mixture and  poured into another bigger bowl.
4. Beat egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks, then add in 1 tbsp of sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
5. Fold in beaten egg whites in 3 addition into egg yolk mixture. Mix well gently and do not over mix.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups until 1 cm to the rim. Bake for 20mins and check with a skewer.   

No comments: