BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Kueh Dadar


Since I still have grated coconut and gula melaka left after making Onde Onde, I decided to make this Kueh Dadar that I used to make during school time. Somehow, I found it quite difficult to achieve a thin crepe even though I tried to swirl the batter as wide as I could. Nevertheless, my Kueh Dadar turned out quite successful with the fragrant gula melaka coconut. The batter was good enough to make only 8 pcs of crepes which were not enough for everyone. Perhaps, I will add more water to the batter to get a few more crepes (I still had excess of coconut fillings). 

Ingredients

200g coconut milk
180g plain water
1 egg
Few drops of pandan paste
150g plain flour
A pinch of salt
Cooking oil

2 pandan leaves (cut into small pieces)
75g water
150g gula melaka
250g grated coconut

Directions

1. In a mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, plain water and egg. Add pandan paste and whisk till well mixed. Sift in the plain flour, salt and whisk until well combined.
2. In a flat frying pan with medium heat, add some oil. Put a ladle of batter into the pan and swirl around the pan as thinly and quickly. Turn the crepe over the other side once it turn slightly brown. Set aside.
3. In a wok, put pandan leaves, water and gula melaka. Bring to boil and until all sugar dissolved. Add in the grated coconut and stir well. Let it simmer until coconut is moist and the water almost dry. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
4. Place a crepe on a flat surface. Put 2 tablespoons of coconut filings on the centre of the crepe. Fold the crepe into poh piah shape.

No comments: