BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chocolate Chips & Walnuts Butter Cake


I have been craving for walnut butter cake for a few days and finally I decided to bake this cake last night. Knowing that my kids will not like with walnuts only, I also added chocolate chips. In fact, I did this butter cake before with Lurpak but I did not really like the taste. This time, I baked with SCS butter and it was fantastic with the strong butter aroma and the exact buttery taste I wanted! 

My friend told me the cake will taste even better the next day and indeed, it really tasted excellent when I ate it for breakfast. Moreover, it was not oily as compared to my other Butter Cake Recipe. Guess it is due to the egg separation and folding egg white method. The cake also turned out with a nice flat & no cracked top. Very satisfied with this recipe.


Ingredients

250g butter
85g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla paste
A pinch of salt
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp Milk
200g plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder

4 egg whites
85g Caster sugar

Walnuts
Chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 Deg C. Line a 8" Square tin
2. Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolk one at a time and beat till creamy. Add in milk and mix well.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well. Set aside.
5. Whisk egg white and sugar till soft peak in another bowl.
6. Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into butter mixture (3). Mix well and fold in the rest.
7. Sprinkle chopped walnuts and cchocolate chips over the batter and mix.
8. Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake for 40-45 mins or until cooked.

No comments: