BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Shanghai Mooncakes

Made another lot of Shanghai Mooncakes on 7 Sep 14



These are my favourite mooncakes that I loved to eat many years ago, unfortunately I am not able to find such good ones already. Until I came across this recipe from Fong's Kitchen and immediately after I gave my first bite on the mooncake, I was so elated. I gave some to my colleagues and relatives, they confirmed my judgement on this excellent recipe. 

I will definitely make these every Mid Autumn Festival :)




(With slight Modifications)

Ingredients

90g Planta
90g butter (salted)
60g sugar
2 tbsp milk
100g cake flour
140g plain flour
40g custard powder
3 tbsp parmesan cheese powder
Salted egg yolks

[Note: 15g Dough, 20g lotus paste +1/2 salted egg yolk]

Directions

1. Cream Planta, butter and sugar till creamy and white. Add in milk and cream well to combine. 
2. Sift cake flour, plain flour and custard powder together. Mix in parmesan cheese powder. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture to form a dough. 
3. Cut salted egg yolks into 1/2.  
4. Wrap each salted egg yolk in 20g lotus paste and roll it into an round shape. Set aside.
5. Divide the dough in 15g and wrap each lotus filling with the dough.
6. Bake in preheated oven of 150C for about 10 mins. Remove and apply egg wash. Bake again for about another 20 mins or till light golden brown.

2 comments:

Elin said...

Hello!

My name is Elin and I have read your blog and I really liked your recipes! I work for a website called myTaste.com and I would love for you to join us!

www.mytaste.com is a search engine that collects food blogs. We already have over 3000 blogs and if you join us you will take benefit from the trafic that we are sending to your blog.

Add our widget and hopefully with your recipes your blog will be on the top of the food blogs list!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at info@mytaste.com

To join myTaste, just go to www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

Best regards, Elin
mytaste.com

BeautyMe said...

Hi Elin,

I am very honoured that you invite me to publish my recipes in your website. In fact, I already joined myTaste and also added your widget in my blog.

You can find my recipes: http://www.mytaste.com/t/beautyme-love-recipe.html

BeautyMe Love Recipes