BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Moist Chocolate Muffins

Baked these for Teachers 3/9/14



I am not a chocolate lover but my kids are chocolate monsters. While I was cracking my head to find a good chocolate recipe to bake for Teacher's Day gift, I came across this excellent recipe from Kenneth Goh. It was indeed an easy recipe and I just love the nice dome of the final bakes. My kids said these are the best chocolate muffins they have tasted - chocolaty, soft & moist. I have decided to bake these for the teachers and hope they will like it too. 

With modifications

Ingredients

125g butter (melted)
2 eggs
125g of brown or castor sugar
75g fresh milk
150g of self raising flour
2tbsp of cocoa powder
1/8 tsp of baking soda 

Optional
50g white chocolate chips 
20g macadamia

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. In a big mixing bowl, put in melted butter, eggs, sugar and milk, use a hand whisk to whisk until well combined. Sift in the self raising flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and add in white chocolate chips. Use a spatula to mix the flour as quickly and as lightly as possible (a bit of lumpy batter is acceptable). 
3. Scoop into the muffin cups (75% full) and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until skewer comes out clean.

No comments: