BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Light Cheddar Cheescake

Baked on 17 Aug 2014


I have bookmarked this recipe for a long time and finally today I have the chance to try it out. I have just learnt on the folding method for chiffon cake and now it is time that I put what I have learnt to practice. This recipe called for 6 egg whites and water bath baking. With strong determination to get it right, I think I have done it well. The cake baked to perfection with a nice colour top, soft texture and the right cheesy flavour. I felt great accomplishment and motivation to do folding method recipes moving forward.   


Ingredients  

6 slices of Kraft cheddar cheese (tear up)
100g fresh milk
100g unsalted butter
6 egg yolks
100g cake flour

6 egg whites (cold)
100g caster sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 150 Deg C with water bath. Line the side and bottom of square tin.
2. Melt butter, milk and cheddar cheese in a pot over medium heat, stir constantly with a spatula till all melted and well incorporated. Set aside to cool before use.
3. Lightly whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl. Ladle spoonful of the cheese mixture into the egg yolks. Mix till all well combined.
4. Sift in cake flour into the mixture, mix well and ensure no lumps.
5. In a mixer, whisk egg white till foamy and gradually add in sugar. Whisk till stiff peak or close to stiff.
6. Add 1/3 of egg white mixture into the cheese mixture and fold gently with a hand whisk. Repeat the balance portion till all well mix.
7. Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the surface.
8. Bake the cake for 50-60 mins at lower rack or till golden brown.
9. Let the cake cool in the pan before removing it and cool on wire rack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks good on the top, browned to perfection and no crack!

I attempted this couple of time but I always ended up getting few small cracks on the cake top.

BeautyMe said...

Hi Siaw Tan,

I have done this before but didn't turn up nice. After learning the tips of folding for chiffon cake, I am glad I managed to get a satisfying results now. Temp of the oven (too hot) also plays a part for the top.

Hope this link can help you:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4482010_prevent-cake-cracking.html

BeautyMe Love Recipes