BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Friday, May 30, 2014

Orange Cake


My neighbour has 2 adorable kids and they love my bakes. My initial plan was to experiment on this cake on Sunday but when the 2 kids asked if there were cakes for them (on Friday night), my heart melted and so I decided to get up to bake this Orange Cake for them. I saw someone posted a Japanese Cotton Cheesecake with beautiful pattern on top, I was so eager to give it a try. I used Orange Cake instead of Japanese Cotton Cheesecake as I felt the pattern (I used melting chocolate) should not sink on heavy batter but part of it still sank. I have to further beautified it with melting chocolate after baked. 

After further discussion with my group of passion bakers, I have concluded that I should just add cocoa powder to some batter for the pattern and it should not sink. Will give it a try soon.

No comments: