BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Old Fashion Pull Apart Buns

I came across this bread from Guai Shu Shu's blog and it seemed quite easy with all the clear pictures and directions. The only thing in bread making is to wait for proofing time and kneading it correctly to get the right texture. However, my bread turned out soft straight from the oven but less soft and no tear off texture when cooled down, not sure if it was due to cornflour that I have missed out. I will give it another try again.  

Ingredients

420g plain flour
6g instant yeast
20g corn flour 
50g sugar
50g butter
1.5 tsp salt
265g lukewarm fresh milk
Additional 20g melted butter for brushing

Directions

1. Lightly greased a 9 inches round baking tin (I used Square baking tin)
2. In a mixing bowl, mixed all the ingredients (except butter) together. Use a spoon to slightly stir it until it form a sticky dough. Use the dough hook (I used my mixer as I do not have dough hook) to beat the dough till it leave the side of mixing bowl. (I used my hand to form a dough)
3. Transfer the dough out to a lightly flour surface. Lightly knead for 1-2 mins and let it proof until it double in size. Cover the dough with some clean wrap.
4. After the first proofing, transfer the dough out and divided equally into 18 portions (each portion about 50g). Shape the dough into a round ball and arrange in the baking tin. Cover the tin and let it proof until double in size (about 40 mins).
5. When the dough is almost ready, pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C. Once it is ready, bake in the oven for 20 - 25 mins or when the aroma of the bread starts to permeates the house and top turn golden brown. 
6. While the buns are hot, brush with melted butter sparingly. Transfer out to a cooling rack. Cooled completely before serving.

* Note: I sprinkled white sugar on top of the proof dough before baking. 

No comments: