BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Vanilla Almond Cupcakes


My colleague keeps reminding me to make almond cakes for her as she is one great lover of almond and I found this recipe that she might like it. The recipe said its light but I felt that it is quite a heavy cake (like pound cake type which my son likes). I like the almond meal in the cake and the crispy almond flakes when they are out of the oven but not sure if the texture will still be nice & soft the next day. Will get her to comment on it.

Ingredients

2 eggs (large)
80g sugar
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g almond powder
80g cake flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
70g melted butter
35g sliced almond

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.
2. Line the tins with paper fillers.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together, set aside
4. Whisk the eggs, salt and vanilla extract until lighten add the sugar gradually until very light in colour.
5. Add the almond powder and flour into the eggs mixture.
6. Fold in the melted butter.
7. Spoon into prepared tins, and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
8. Bake for 20-25mins, or until cake spring back when touched lightly.

No comments: