BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Orange Sponge Cupcakes


I came across a recipe book recently that designed cupcakes with beautiful patterns on them before steaming and I was curious whether it could apply to baking as well. When I saw this Orange Sponge Cupcake recipe with the flat top, I immediately knew that I could do the experiment with this. I used melting chocolate to pipe some patterns on top of batter to see if the chocolate would still stay after baking and it really did! I would say this is indeed an easy recipe with a perfect nice top to play with designs. The texture was soft, however we could add in some orange zest to better enhance the orange flavor.

Decorate with melting chocolate on top of batter before baking

Ingredients

3 eggs
50g sugar
60g cake flour
18g orange Juice
18g corn oil
some melting chocolate for decorating

Directions

1. Whisk egg and sugar till ribbon stage.
2. Add in sifted flour and mix until just combined.
3. Mix corn oil and orange juice together. Add into the batter in 2 additions and mix until just combined (do not over beat). Scoop the batter into cup fillers till 3/4 full.
4. Melt chocolate in microwave and put into a piping bag. Pipe designs on top of batter.
6. Bake at 180 deg C for 20-25mins.

No comments: