BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Chocolate Bread


I have fallen in love with making bread lately as my friend had given me some great yeast to motivate me. I always had this impression that bread making is not easy with the kneading method. Since I have my bread hook, this was no longer an issue. The only thing is the time taken for it to rise but good food deserves waiting. I had great satisfaction when my bread came out from the oven with the strong aroma that filled my house and the soft texture of the bread that goes so yummy with butter. I am so motivated to try baking different flavours of bread!

Modifcations

Ingredients

450g warm water
2.5 tsp yeast
1/2 tbsp sugar
55g butter (melted)
1 tsp salt
57g sugar
120g evaporated milk
900g bread flour
50g cocoa powder

Melted butter for brushing
Oil to grease mixing bowl

Directions

1. Place yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Pour the warm water over the yeast mixture and let it sit for 15-20 mins.
2. Combine melted butter, sugar, evaporated milk and salt into a large mixing bowl. When your yeast is ready, added them together and mix.
3. Pour in 450g of flour and mix with bread hook. Then add 150g of  flour at a time and cocoa powder and mix till the dough is no longer sticking to the sides. It will be ready when your fingers no longer stick to the dough.
4. Take out the dough and grease the mixing bowl with oil. Put the dough into the bowl and cover with warm towel. Let it to rise for 1.5 hours.
5. Punch it down and place on a floured surface. Knead for 2-3 mins.
6. Cut dough into desired shape and place into greased bread pans.
7. Cover with warm towel and let it rise again. Bake at 190 Deg C for 25mins. Brush the op with melted butter and place on a cooling rack.

No comments: