BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Old Times Slice Cakes

After making the Rosy Birthday cake for my elder daughter, I was left with half packet of whipping cream. Since I needed to clear it soon, I decided to make these Old Times Slice Cakes that I love to eat during my childhood days. Making these cakes needed a bit of time and patience - I baked 2 square sponge cakes and sandwiched with whipping cream. It was also a little tricky to slice it as the cream will squeeze out so the best is to put the cake into the fridge before slicing. I just love the beautiful and taste of these Old Times Slice Cakes so much!

Note : recipe below for 1 layer of sponge cake.

Ingredients

2 eggs (room temperature)
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
55g sugar
a little salt

40g milk
60g self raising flour
Red Colourings

Whipping cream
Pipping Jelly
Colourings (Red, Yellow, Green)

Note :
For Chocolate sponge - 50g Self Raising Flour & 10g cocoa Powder

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
2. Whisk eggs and egg yolk, sugar and salt till pale and ribbon stage.
3. Add milk, follow by flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Do not over beat.
4.Pour batter into square baking tin and bake for 20mins or till skewer comes out clean..
5. Spread whipping cream and keep in fridge for 1 hour before cutting into slices.
6. Add colour to piping jelly and mix. Decorate as preferred.

No comments: