BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Butter Cake

I have tried a few butter cake recipes but this the best I have ever baked. Thanks to The Domestic Goddess Wannabe. I like the crispiness of the sides and the buttery aroma as well as the moist texture from the cake. Perhaps, this recipe has milk added that made the cake moist after baking.  A great recipe to keep.

Ingredients 

250g butter (room temperature)
150g sugar
4 eggs
1 tbsop vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
240g fresh milk

Directions

1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg one at a time, beat to combine.
3. Add sifted flour, milk and vanilla essence in sequence flour-milk-flour-milk-flour, mixing just to combine. Do not over beat.
4. Pour batter into greased baking pan. Smooth top and bake at 170 Deg C for 50-60mins or until stick comes out clean. 

3 comments:

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

I am so glad you liked the cake! :)

BeautyMe said...

Thanks for sharing a great recipe.

Just a note, I did not have a smooth top, could it be my oven too hot? Overall I still like the taste πŸ˜‰

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

Hi yes normally this means your oven is too hot. Maybe try baking at a lower temperature next time? :)