BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Melt-In-Mouth Pineapple Tarts


This year I decided to try a different pineapple tart dough from the usual crunchy texture. Adapted from Nasi Lemak Lovers recipe, this is a Melt-in-Mouth texture and I felt suitable for Natar pineapple tarts. However, the dough was not enough for 1kg pineapple fillings, so I did 1/3 of the quantity of my usual crunchy dough. Frankly speaking I am not a lover of Melt-In-Mouth Pineapple Tarts and still prefer my crunchy tarts.

Ingredients

350g butter
100g condensed milk or sweetened creamer
510g plain or all purpose flour
2 egg yolks
1 egg yolk + 1 tsp milk (for egg wash)

Mix together:
1 kg store-bought pineapple filling
140g Yuzu drink Or 150g organic pineapple juice

Directions

1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light.
2. Add in egg yolk one at a time and beat until combined. 
3. Mix in flour, mix till become soft and not sticky dough. 
4. Roll and flatten dough. Use your preference mould to make the desired tarts.
5. Top with pineapple fillings (7g for Natar, 5g for heart design, 3g for blossom design).
6. Apply egg wash with a brush (I used for Natar Pineapple Tarts only).
7. Bake in preheated oven at 150 deg C for 10mins or until golden brown.
8. Cool completely before storing.

No comments: