BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Portuguese Egg Tarts (I)


This is definitely a must have recipe for me as I am a lover of Egg Tarts. Portuguese Egg Tarts come with flaky base and sweet creamy egg filing, just irresistible! And the good news is I need not have to make the pastry from scratch as they are available in supermarkets (I bought it from Phoon Huat). 

I came across this video recipe in Facebook but made a few modifications:

1) I did not roll out the pastry, just cut straight from the pastry sheet.
2) I did not have the chwee kueh mould, so I used my 12 holes muffin pan. 
3) I did not put the cut out round pastry shells in fridge at all.
4) I did not pour the ready egg mixture into measuring cup, just used a ladle to scoop into the pastry shell.  
5) Try to place your baking tray on higher level in oven, so the egg surface can be brown faster. 
6) I have increased the egg mixture by 1.5 times as I want to have more egg fillings.

Watch the video recipe link and try making your own Portuguese Egg Tarts today!   

(Yield 10pcs of Egg Tarts)

Ingredients

1 sheet of puff pastry
90g Milk
90 whipping cream (I used Enborg Whipping cream)
3 egg yolks
40g sugar

Directions

1. Dust rolling board with some flour and lay out a sheet of puff pastry. Use a 9cm wide opening cup to cut out round pastry. Lay the cut pastry in the baking tray.
2. In a large bowl, mix milk, whipping cream, egg yolks and sugar together until sugar dissolved. 
3. Use a ladle and scoop the mixture into the prepared pastry shells till 80% full.
4. Baked pastry at 200-220 deg C till the egg surface turned brown (I used about 35mins).

No comments: