BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Banana Cream Cheese Muffins

I saw this recipe from Kenneth Goh and was very curious about how good the combination of banana and cream cheese, so I decided to give it a try. As I was following the recipe instructions, I realised brown sugar and melted butter were not mentioned. So I took the initiative to add them after adding milk, followed by flour mixture and luckily the muffins turned out soft and moist (quite unlike muffins texture). Everyone in the family love this texture so did my colleagues when I brought for them the following day. Thanks to Kenneth for the excellent recipe (even though I did not follow accordingly to his steps). 

(I used mini muffin fillers bought from Daiso- yield 27pcs)

Ingredients

150g cream cheese (softened)
80g icing sugar

150g ripe banana
3 eggs
20g milk
150g butter (melted in microwave)
120g brown sugar
200g plain flour
41 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Additional bananas for toppings

Directions

1. Mixed cream cheese and icing sugar together (I used hand to mix together) and set aside for later use.
2. Mash banana till puree form, add eggs, milk, melted butter and lastly brown sugar. Mix till well combined.
3. Sift plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together. Add into banana mixture and mix
well.
4. Fill half the muffins cup with batter, add a spoonful of cream cheese mixture follow by batter till 80% full.
5. Decorate top with banana slices and bake at 180 deg C for 30mins or till brown.

No comments: