This is my 2nd attempt making Shepherd Pie (the 1st did not turn out well), but this time I used the filling recipe from the Chicken pies and it was marvellous! Just want to be more creative and also easier for my kids to eat so I baked them in aluminium cups instead of large baking tray. I added some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the mashed potatoes and baked it to perfection. All gone in split seconds and everyone were asking for more...
- 2 large potatoes (boil and mashed)
- Some butter
- Mozzarella cheese
- 300g or 1 pack of chicken breast/legs
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1/2 large onion (sliced)
- 1/2 can button mushroom (sliced)
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour mix with 3 tbsp of water (to thicken the gravy)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of Knorr seasoning
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Parsley flakes
- some pepper
1. Add butter to mashed potatoes and leave aside.
2. Heat up pan with olive oil. Saute sliced onion till its fragrant and soft. Add diced carrots and cook for a while. Stir in the chicken, continue to cook in medium heat. Add in mushroom slices and pour in the cornflour mixture till thicken. Taste and add more seasoning to your preference. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven at 200 degree C.
4. Put fillings into aluminium cups almost 1/2 cup. Spoon mashed potatoes on top of fillings and press to level. Top it with Mozzarella Cheese.
5. Bake at 200 degree C until brown.