BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Healthilicious Pumpkin Cake

This recipe has been published in 

When I saw the theme for Aspiring Bakers #22: Lightened Up Cakes (August 2012) hosted by Qi Ting of A Dessert Diet, I was really keen and excited to participate for my very first time. I was cracking my head for a less fat and less sugar recipe as per the theme requirement and so I decided to make this Healthilicious Pumpkin Cake (modify recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover). Mindful of the ingredients for my diabetic Mother-in-Law, so I cut down the sugar and oil for this recipe. The result was fantastic, the cake was not sweet, its soft and light. However, it lacked the pumpkin taste (even though I added 200g of pumpkin) but overall a healthy cake.


http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/3372216-Healthilicious-Pumpkin-Cake

Ingredients

  • 3 Eggs (medium)
  • 100g sugar (reduced 30g)
  • 200g Pumpkin (steamed & mashed)
  • 150g cake flour
  • 1/2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp Baking soda
  • 80g Corn oil (reduced 20g)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together. Sieve twice & set aside.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla & pumpkin till stiff/ribbon stage.
4. Fold in flour & mix well.
5. Add in corn oil & mix well till batter is shiny & flowing.
6. Pour batter into cup fillers or loaf pan. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top (optional).
7. Bake for 30mins.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Cecilia,

I had tried on this pumpkin cake. is very soft and nice. Very healthy too! Thanks.

Rachel

BeautyMe said...

Thank to qiting93 for publishing my Healthilicious Pumpkin Cake in the ASPIRING BAKERS #22: LIGHTENED UP CAKES (AUGUST 2012)

http://adessertdiet.com/2012/09/01/round-up-aspiring-bakers-22-lightened-up-cakes-august-2012/