BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Taiwan Traditional Cake


It is a trend now for this Taiwan Traditional Cake (原味古早味蛋糕) and you can see the long queue to buy this cake. I bought it to try it myself too and indeed it had a very soft texture. I was lucky to come across this recipe on Facebook and the steps are simple, so I decided to give it a try. As usual, I was quite worried about the folding method, so I did this cake with extra care, making sure not to fold too long. I was so elated that the cake turned out with a beautiful top, without any cracks. In order for me to keep note of this recipe, I did a video for my future reference. Hope it will also help others who are struggling with folding method recipes.

Recipe with modification

Ingredients

75g oil
90g cake flour
60g milk
6 egg yolks

6 egg white
75g caster sugar

Directions

1. Heat oil in microwave for 2 min.
2. Mix oil to flour till no crumb.
3. Add in milk and yolk mix to smoothen the batter.
4. Whisk egg white, slowly add in sugar and beat till stiff peak.
5. Add 1/3 of  meringue to yolk batter and mix well.
6. Pour mixture into the rest of the meringue and fold till just combined.
7. Steam bake at 150 Deg C for 60mins. (Note: to remember add hot water for the water bath)

No comments: