BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pork Floss Cake

I always wanted to bake this Pork Floss Cake for a long time and I finally baked this cake today. I love pork floss alot and when my friend gave me a piece of her Pork Floss Cake, I found it so unique and yummy. 

I got this recipe which is a chocolate chiffon cake but I replaced the cocoa powder with cake flour and added Pork Floss. As I have added a large handful of pork floss, the cake did not rise as much. So I suggest to add just 50g of Pork Floss into the batter. You can add more on top of the cake after spreading a layer of mayonnaise, that should do the trick for Pork Floss lovers like me.

There is another tip that I would like to share. As I did not have any chiffon pan, so I used a normal baking pan. To note when using a normal pan, you do not need to cool the cake upside down. Once the cake leaves the side of the baking pan, use a knife to go round the side and remove pan. Cool cake completely before cutting.

Ingredients

(A)
80g cake flour
5 egg yolks
20g castor sugar
70g water
60g canola oil

(B)
5 egg whites
90g castor sugar
10g corn flour

(C) 50g Pork floss

Directions

1. Preheat oven 160 Deg C. Combine egg yolks and sugar and mix well. Add water and oil and mix till incorporated. Add in flour and blend well.
2. Combine sugar and corn flour. Beat egg whites till foamy. Gradually add half the sugar and cornflour and continue beating for a few minutes. Add the remaining sugar and corn flour and beat till stiff peak form.
3. Spoon out 1/3 of the meringue and gradually fold into the egg mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites too much. When it's well-blended, pour the mixture into the remaining meringue and fold in gently, making sure that all the egg whites are incorporated into the mixture. Add in Pork Floss and gently mix it.
4. Pour the batter into ungreased cake pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes before removing from the oven and turning it upside down to cool and serve.

No comments: