BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Old School Butter Cake

I have a strong craving for butter cake and with my last block of Lurpak, I decided to try this Old School Butter Cake recipe. Also, it was another chance for me to practice my folding method. 

Overall, it tasted nice but I felt that Lurpak was still not as buttery as SCS, so I will stick to SCS for my butter cake. However, this recipe was indeed less oily and since it used folding method, the cake had a much softer texture.


Ingredients

250g butter
85g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/8 tsp salt
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp Milk
200g plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder

4 egg whites
85g Caster sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 Deg C. Line a 8" Square tin
2. Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolk one at a time and beat till creamy. Add in milk and mix well.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well. Set aside.
5. Whisk egg white and sugar till soft peak in another bowl.
6. Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into butter mixture (3). Mix well and fold in the rest.
7. Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake for 40-45 mins or until cooked.

No comments: