BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Friday, April 18, 2014

Cottony Cake

When I came across this recipe, I was thinking that it looked quite simple and I can have another chance to practice my folding method again. Since I have all the ingredients readily, I gave it a shot. Though the cake did not rise as much as I expected it to be but overall the texture was soft with a nice color on top. The texture resembled those sold in Prima Deli with cheese, kaya and chocolate filings. I will try making it in cupcakes and with filling the next time.

Ingredients

(A)
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil

(B)
50g Cake flour

(C)
3 egg whites

(D)
50g Caster sugar
Dash of salt

Directions

1. Beat (A) till well mixed with an egg beater.
2. Sift in (B), mix well.
3. Whisk (C) till frothy, add (D) and beat till stiff peaks.
4.Fold in the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture in 3 additions, mix till well combined. Pour batter into baking pan.
5.Bake in preheated oven at 150 Deg C for about 40 mins.

No comments: