BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Friday, June 7, 2013

Light & Refreshing Orange Sponge Cake

My dear ex-colleagues knew that I do not like to do folding method cake but have given me a KPI to master folding method after I left the company. So after some searching for a simple recipe to start with, I am so happy to find this Orange Sponge Cake from Hearty Bakes which only used 3 eggs. But I didn't realise that there were 3 tricky steps of folding ie egg whites, flour and oil. With the KPI in mind, I bravely proceeded and prayed hard that all my steps were done correctly. The very moment the strong orange aroma and beautifully risen cakes came out from the oven eased off all my worries. It was awesome and the cakes were super soft and spongy. Really great satisfaction for meeting my KPI.

Ingredients

4 yolks
16g sugar
3 tbsp of fresh orange juice
Orange zest from 1 big navel orange 
100g cake flour
50g corn oil

4 whites
80g sugar

Directions

1. Whisk yolks and sugar till light. Add in the orange zest and juice, continue whisk till pale in color.
2. In another bowl, whisk whites to soft peak and add in sugar, continue to whisk until stiff.
3. Gently fold in whites mixture with the yolks mixture with hand whisk until well-blended.
4. Sieve in the flour and gently fold until batter is well-combined. 
5. Lastly, fold in the corn oil until well incorporated.
6. Spoon batter into fillers and bake at 180 Deg C for 30min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

2 comments:

lena said...

i am just nervous as you are when it comes to the folding part. Congratulations for meeting your KPI!

BeautyMe said...

Thanks Lena. If you have more simple folding method recipes, do share with me ok :)