BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

My kids wanted to invite their friends over to our house to play, so I decided to plan a Mini High Tea for them. I spotted this Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes in one of the baking books that I borrowed and I was so excited to try it out. I made my own creation with my favorite Chocolate Cake in the cone and  frosted the top with cream cheese. Really so happy that it turned out well and yummy! The kids enjoyed themselves and the smiles on their faces were my greatest satisfaction. 

One flaw for this recipe is that the Ice Cream Cone will turn soft once placed outside for too long but still taste yummy overall.

Ingredients

2 eggs (room temperature)
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
55g sugar
a little salt

36g milk
50g self raising flour
10g cocoa powder

125g cream cheese
50g icing sugar (shifted)
3 tbps Milo

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
2. Whisk eggs and egg yolk, sugar and salt till pale and ribbon stage.
3. Add milk, follow by flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Do not over beat.
4.Fill the cone 3/4 full and bake for 15mins.

Topping : Whisk cream cheese, icing sugar and milo together (place the mixture in fridge for a while). Scoop into piping bag and pipe out on top of cone. Decorate with colorful sprinkles.

No comments: