BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Friday, June 7, 2013

Clay Pot Tofu


Finally, I got some time to cook a nice lunch for my family. I found this recipe from a Cookbook by Low Bee Yinn (Easy Chinese Recipes) that I have borrowed from the library. I always like this kind of dish but just could not get the right taste and I am so glad that I am able to whip this up deliciously now and confirmed with all the thumbs up from everyone in my family. Whole lot of accomplishment cooking this lunch for my loved ones.

Ingredients

4 Shitake mushrooms (cut into halves)
1 block of tofu (cut into cubes)
1 slice of ginger
8pcs frozen shrimps
1/2 canned baby corns
1 bunch of chinese cabbage (cut into small pieces)
1/2 carrots (cut into small pieces)
2 tbps of olive oil

Sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp Rice wine
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
3 dashes white pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients in the Sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Deep fry tofu to a light golden brown. Drain off excess oil and discard oil.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a clay pot over high heat. Add ginger and stir-fry to a light brown before adding carrots, shitake mushrooms, shrimps and baby corns. Stir and add tofu, chinese cabbage until all ingredients are well combine.
4. Add sauce, lower the heat and stir until all the ingredients are well coated with the Sauce.
5. Covered the clay pot with its lid and simmer for 3 minutes. Ready to serve.

2 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

Looks very yummy! We love all sort of tofu dishes.

BeautyMe said...

Thanks Baby Sumo.