This is my 2nd attempt making this Strawberry Jelly Hearts. The first time, I was too rushed to get it done and didn't wait for the cheese mixture with strawberries to be chilled enough before I poured the jelly mixture. All the strawberries started to swim in the jelly mixture. This time, I have obediently followed the instruction from Jelly Hearts Cake & Juice's recipe (advertised on Newspaper dated 8 Aug 2012) and all went well. Although it took me alot of time and patience to make these desserts, but I felt great accomplishment when I saw the final products.
300g Digestive Biscuits
120g butter (melted)
250g cream cheese
10g gelatin powder
450ml boiling water
1 box of jelly crystal
250ml cold water
Directions1. Mix biscuits crumbs & melted butter together and press firmly with the help of a spoon onto the base of the cup. Chill for 4 hours.
2. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth & creamy.
3. Dissolve gelatin powder and sugar with 200ml boiling water.
4. Pour gelatin solution into cream cheese mixture and mix well.
5. Scoop the cheese mixture into the biscuit base and chill for 2hours.
6. Cut strawberry into half and cut a deep V in the centre. Press each strawberry half into the cream cheese mixture. Let the strawberry sink in gently. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Dissolve the jelly crystal in 250ml of boiling water, followed by 250ml of cold water. Pour jelly onto the cheese mixture. Chill for 2 hrs and ready to serve.