These SnowSkin Mooncakes were fantastically done! Made these with my colleagues Jo & Liz a few years back. We have improved along the way, now with low sugar lotus paste and nicer imprints. Will try to get my hands on it this year!
- 1kg paste
- 70gm melon seeds (roasted)
- 500g snow skin mix
- 70gm shortening
- 250ml cold water
- 1/2 tsp pandan-flavoured green food colouring
1. Mix A together and shape 25gm of lotus paste into a ball.
2. Mix B together and let it rest for 30 mins. Shape 18gm of dough into ball before rolling it out.
3. Wrap the dough skin around the filling and shape it into ball.
4. Dust the moon cake moulds and press the filled dough ball into it, making sure the surface of the dough in contact with the patterned-face of the mould. Stop when the dough skin is level with the top of the mould.
5. Knock the moon cake out of the mould and put into moon cake box.
6. Refrigerate the moon cakes.