BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

My son loves to eat the Fruit Pastry Cake I made but I felt it was too heavy and not spongy. So when I saw this recipe, I was thinking to use this recipe and add fruits on top (just like the Fruit Pastry Cake). Amazingly, the fruits did not sink into the batter and it turned out soft and nice. Now, I am able to please my son as well as to meet my expectation of a good cake.  

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/3324799-Cream-Cheese-Pound-Cake

Ingredients


  • 150g unsalted butter (room temp)
  • 140g cream cheese (room temp)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 180g castor sugar
  • 3 large eggs (room temp)
  • zest of a lemon
Sift together:
  • 195g plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
Optional:
  • Canned peach
  • Blueberry

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 175 deg C. Grease baking tray (20cm X 20cm or 2-3 medium loaf tray).
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, in 3 additions, beating well after each addition.Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and lemon zest and mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture, salt and mix well. Pour batter into prepared baking tray.
5. Bake for about 50 mins.

Notes

This cake can be keep several days at room temperature and one week when refrigerated.

No comments: