I saw these cute cookies in Facebook and thought of trying out. I used my Winnie Pooh Cookies recipe and with the bear cutter I bought. It was really cute seeing the bears hugging the Almond Nuts but somehow the nuts turned hard after baking. Guess have to think of a way to have the cute look and perfect taste with the nuts too.
Ingredients100g butter (softened at room temperature)
80g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
180g cake flour
20g corn flour
Almond Nuts (Whole)
1. Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. With electric mixer, add sugar to the butter in 2-3 additions and cream till the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
4. Add sifted flour mixture in 2-3 additions, stir with a spatula to form a soft dough.
5. Place dough in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin.
6. Refrigerate the dough for about half an hour.
7. Remove dough from fridge. Roll out dough on slightly floured work surface and cut out with slightly floured cookies cutters.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 deg C for 15-20 mins. (cookies should not turn brown).
9. Let cool and store in air-tight container.