BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Almond Crisps

2nd Attempt
1st Attempt












I am so glad that I found this recipe (I named it Almond Crisps as it is very crispy). After all the making of pineapple tarts, I was left with so much egg whites. With this recipe, I managed to clear all the egg whites. These snacks are not only crispy but very addictive too. Though the mixing of the ingredients is quite straight forward, however the spreading of the mixture on the baking tray needs a little patience as you will have to spread evenly and thinly to ensure even browning of the whole crisp. My first attempt was a failure and the centre part of the crisps turned out chewy while the sides were already very brown.  My 2nd attempt was a success, turning out perfect with even browning throughout. 1 lot can make 4 trays and into a large container. I am going to make this next year again.

Ingredients

150g sugar
80g cake flour
250g egg white
50g melted butter
250g Almond Flakes

Directions

1. Mix sugar and flour.
2. Add in egg white and mix lightly until sugar dissovles.
3. Add melted butter and mix well.and add in Almond flakes. Mix well and keep in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Line the tray with parchment paper. Spread the mixture thinly on the tray. Bake at 150 Deg C for 15 mins till brown.
5. Crack the large piece of crisp into smaller pieces. Store in airtight container when cooled.

No comments: