BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Raisin & Cranberry Bread



I was actually planning to make Mexican Raisin Bun but when I spotted this recipe at the back of bread flour packet, I decided to give it a try. The steps were very easy to follow and not many ingredients required too. However, I felt the texture was not as soft as bread but more of a cake texture. The taste with Raisins, Cranberries and Almond added great flavor to the loaf. The other constraint is I did not have the right mixer to mix the dough, so I will do my next bread once I get hold of one soon. 





Ingredients

300g Bread Flour
7g Yeast
100g water
50g sugar
2 eggs

80g butter

Raisins
Almond Flakes

Directions

1. Put all ingredients into mixing bowl except butter and mix well.
2. Add butter and mix to a soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with cling film and rest 1 hour.
4. Turn the dough out on a lightly flour surface.
5. Flatten the dough and sprinkle raisins on it.
6. Roll up the dough and put into baking tin and sprinkle almond flakes on top.
7. Cover the dough and leave to rise at room temperature for 1-1.5 hr until the dough has risen to the top of the tin.
8. Bake the loaf at 180 Deg C for 35-40 mins or until golden brown.

No comments: