BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cranberry Muffins

I wanted to try out my portable oven if I can do other baking and I found this recipe (from Kenneth Goh) to do my experiment. After a few experiences using the oven, I felt the need to lower the temperature at least by 20 Deg C as stated by the recipe. Indeed, it came out with a nice texture and satisfactory dome! 

This recipe also has condensed milk which I have never used in my cakes before and I was curious how it will taste. Surprisingly, it tasted yummy and the combination with cranberries made it excellent (a mixture of little sweet and sour). I really love these muffins alot and just couldn't stop craving for more.


With slight modifications

Ingredients

145g plain yogurt
150g melted butter
200g self-raising flour
170g condensed milk
10g caster sugar
50g cranberries
2 eggs

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 160 Deg C and prepare 14 medium muffin paper cups.
2. Put melted butter, condensed milk, yogurt and eggs in a bowl, stir until well combined. 
3. Sift the flour and add the sugar in another bowl. Make a well in the centre of the bowl. Add the liquid ingredients followed by the cranberries. Stir using a tablespoon until well mixed. A bit of lump is acceptable in muffin preparation.
3. Transfer the batter into the muffin cups. Heat the preheated oven of 160 Deg C for 20 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the muffins come clean.

No comments: