BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Orange Pound Cupcakes

I have been longing to bake this Orange Pound Cake and so while baking the cookies, I made an effort to bake this Orange Pound Cakes for the kids and my colleagues. I knew my son will love this cake and indeed he gobbled up 2 pcs and asked for more. Too bad, have to keep the rest for my colleagues.

An excellent recipe but I felt the sugar quantity quite alot so I reduced from 200g to 180g but I still felt a little sweet, guess best to reduce further to 170g if you prefer less sweet. 

* Note : You can used 8 inch round pan to bake a whole cake. I preferred cupcakes, easier                     to give my colleagues.
Baked on 16 Feb 2014

Ingredients

200g butter
170g sugar (reduced from 200g)
200g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
60g orange juice
zest from 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

1.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
2.Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, one by one beating well after each addition.
4.Add in vanilla and beat a while.
5. Sift flour with baking powder and put half the flour in. Beat until no lumps are seen.
6.Add in orange juices and mix till combined. Add in balance of flour and zest and combine until smooth.
7. Scoop batter into cup fillers and level it.
8. Bake for 30-40 mins until golden, or unitl a skewer comes out clean.

No comments: