BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cotton Cheese Cake

This is my 2nd attempt to bake cotton cheese cake and when I saw this recipe, I thought it was straight forward but still it wasn't up to my expectation. I found the folding method really tricky and I still cannot master the technique. Guess I will need more practice to perfect my skills.

Ingredients

(A) 
160g cream cheese
24g butter
120 milk

(B)
40g flour
30g corn flour

(C)
4 yolks

(D) 
4 whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
80g sugar
pinch of salt

Directions

1.Preheat oven at 160 deg C.
2.Grease and lined bottom pan.
3.Place (A) in mixing bowl and whisk until thick.
4.Add (B) and mix until combined. Then Add (C) and mix until well blended.
5.Whip the egg whites in (D) ingredients. Continue whipping until soft peak. Add it into the cheese mixture from step (4). Mix until well incorporated.
6.Pour cheese filing onto the prepared pans. Baked in water bath for about 40-45 mins or until firm and golden brown.
7. Remove cake from oven.
8. Remove cake from mould immediately. Set aside to cool.

No comments: