BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Soft Blueberry Cupcakes


My son has been bugging me to make his favorite blueberry cupcakes and I thought of trying a different recipe. Not sure why this recipe called for brown sugar but I felt the color were too brown inside. Perhaps I will try with white sugar the next time. The cupcakes indeed were much softer than the usual ones I made and my son likes it alot. 

Ingredients

100g butter (softened)
100g brown sugar
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
140g self raising flour (sifted)
Blueberries

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 180 Deg C and line muffin pan with fillers. 
2. Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs gradually and beat until smooth. Add in lemon juice and zest and mix well.
3. Add flour into the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
4. Fill the fillers with 1/2 batter and push blueberries into batter. Top with batter (up to 3/4) and level it. Add a few more blueberries on top.
5. Bake at 180 Deg C for 15 mins or until a toothpick inserted and comes out clean.

No comments: