BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mini Mixed Fruit Cake

My dearest colleagues has given me this fantastic birthday present and I love it so much that I could not wait to fill my bakes on it. So I baked these Mini Mixed Fruit Cake and it just made a perfect match to the Hello Kitty cake tier tray. 

I am hesitant to add rum in this fruit cake as my kids will always be the ones finishing them, so I have replaced it with lemon juice instead. Though it did not have the taste of the usual heavy fruit cake (those with rum in it), these were soft and yummy. I will definitely bake (in a loaf) for Christmas. 

Ingredients

125g Melted Butter
40g Sugar
3 Large eggs, lightly beaten
120g Self raising flour
100g Natural yoghurt
80g Dried mixed fruit + 1 tbsp lemon juice(mix together)
1 tsp Vanilla extra

Directions

1. Mix the mixed fruit with 1 tbsp lemon juice and set aside for 30 minutes or longer.
2. In a large bowl, mix well melted butter and sugar together then add beaten eggs, natural yoghurt and vanilla extract. Mix well with a hand whisk.
3. Sieve in self raising flour, mix well and sprinkle some flour onto dried mixed fruit and fold in with a rubber spatula (do not over mix).
4. Spoon mixture to muffin cups or liners to 3/4 full and sprinkle extra mixed fruit on top.
5. Bake at preheated oven at 190C for 20-25 mins or skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

No comments: