BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mixed Fruits Rainbow Cake

I had this strong desire to make a colorful cake and also had the craving for mixed fruits, so I came up with this Mixed Fruits Rainbow Cake. When the cake was done, I was so excited to see if the colours would turn out pretty and it really did! I felt so happy and a great accomplishment seeing my own cake creation with  the beautiful colors in it. A thumbs up for myself! 

 

Ingredients

  • 250g butter
  • 150g Castor sugar
  • 250g self raising flour (sifted)
  • 5 eggs
  • 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
  • Mixed fruits
  • coloring (Pandan Paste & red coloring) 

Directions

1. Mix butter and Castor sugar until white.
2. Add eggs one at a time. Mix evenly. 
3. Add flour and mix using low speed.
4. Separate batter into 3 portions, add vanilla essence to 1 portion, add red coloring to 2nd and add pandan paste to the 3rd.
5. Pour each layer of batter according to your preference into cake tin (20 X 20cm).
6. Sprinkle mixed fruits on top of batter.
6. Bake at 180 degree C for 45-55 mins.

No comments: